The perfect weeknight dinner to enjoy hot or cold! (See vegan option below)
CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
Time: 60 minutes
*Allergen Note: make vegan by subbing baked tofu for chicken
** Rice is additional to the recipe. I find it makes life easier to cook the rice simultaneously.
Optional: 1 cup dry rice, cooked
*1 lb. (16 oz.) organic chicken breast
1 lb. asparagus, chopped
1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup all peanut butter (room temp)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons filtered water
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Optional: Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
2. Bake the chicken at 350 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes until fully cooked
3. Use two forks (or your hands) to pull the chicken apart and place in large mixing bowl.
4. Chop the asparagus, purple cabbage and scallions and place in the bowl with the chicken. Add the shredded carrots to the mix.
5. In a separate bowl, make the sauce by mixing the room temperature peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, filtered water, ground ginger and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well to combine into a creamy sauce.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggies and mix to combine. Serve warm or cold with rice or over a bed of salad.
Nutritional Information (1 serving w/o rice)
315 calories, 18g fat, 8g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 31g protein