On Sunday I went grocery shopping. But not the kind of productive grocery shopping I like to do, the walk into the grocery store unprepared and put random stuff in my cart kind of grocery shopping. As a result, when I went to make dinner Sunday night, I realized that I had a whole bunch of fruits and vegetables, but virtually nothing to make a satiating meal out of.
After being on Pinterest earlier that day and seeing some black bean burgers, I decided that I could probably find the ingredients in my pantry to scrap by and make those. To my dismay I was completely out of black beans… and half the other ingredients that the recipe called for. As I waded through the layers of my cabinet I found two cans of cannellini beans and decided to get creative.
Two batches and eight bean burgers later, I developed a three ingredient recipe for Buffalo Bean Burgers. What’s cool about these burgers is you can bake them ahead and then freeze them for later to reheat like a store-bought veggie burger. Did I mention they taste amazing on salad...?!
3 Ingredient Buffalo Bean Burgers
Time: 30 Minutes
Makes 4 bean burgers
1 can cannellini beans
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
1/2 cup almond flour
Optional Salad Ingredients
Mixed greens or greens of choice
Sliced red cabbage
Quinoa or grain of choice
Blue cheese dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Drain the cannellini beans and place in a small food processor or medium size bowl. Pulverize the beans until a thick dough forms, leaving some beans still intact.
3. Transfer the mashed beans into a bowl and add the buffalo sauce and almond flour. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
4. Cut out four squares of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Spray each foil square lightly with oil.
5. Mold four burgers out of the batter and place each burger on a piece of aluminum foil.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from oven and flip each piece of foil to cook the other side of the burger. Toss foil in trash.
7. Bake for 10 more minutes until lightly browned and remove from oven to cool.
Nutritional Info (per burger)
180 calories, 8g fat, 25g carbs, 6g fiber, 5g sugar, 9g protein