These delicious carrot cake muffins are naturally gluten-free | Make this recipe vegan by using a flax egg and subbing agave or maple syrup for honey.
GLUTEN-FREE CARROT CAKE MUFFINS
Time: 35 minutes
Makes 6 muffins
1 cup almond flour/meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups grated carrots, processed
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (ghee/butter work too)
1 egg (or flax egg if vegan)
1/4 cup honey (agave or maple syrup if vegan)
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 6 cavities of a muffin tin and set aside.
2. Place the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Using a food processor or blender, finely chop the grated carrots and add to the almond flour mix.
4. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Divide the batter between the 6 cavities of the muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
For best results, store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
*For drizzle: Melt one tablespoon of white chocolate chips and drizzle melted chocolate with a fork over the muffins.
Nutritional Information (per muffin)
225 calories, 15g fat, 22g carbs, 4g fiber, 15g sugar, 6g protein