Hi! I’m Rebecca, the girl behind She Well!
I'm a former fat kid turned salad enthusiast with a cookie addiction and a serious love for fluffy dogs. As someone who grew up fat I’ve spent most of my life figuring out how to never go back. From a vegan, to a pescetarian, to a vegetarian and everything in between, I’ve basically put my body through the diet ringer. After a solid decade of endless dieting and restriction, I realized that I didn't have to live my life this way.
I ditched the diet mentality, stopped being my own drill sargent and started listening to my body for the first time in years. Funny enough, the second I began to relax about eating and exercise and focus on listening to my body was the moment things began to change for me, both inside and out.
As a health and wellness enthusiast, I 100% consider myself a dieting and now anti-dieting expert. I truly believe that by focusing on eating real food we can achieve both a happy and healthy mind, body and spirit.
Today, She Well serves as a compilation of my original recipes. In my cooking I aim to create the simplest, healthiest version of my favorite meals without compromising taste. I am passionate about developing recipes that include wholesome ingredients and love sneaking in as many plant-based foods as humanly possible!
Here are a few fun facts about me:
1. I live in DC, but originally hail from Massachusetts
2. The picture above in the Phillies uniform is me in the 8th grade at my highest weight
3. I'm obsessed with olives, almond butter & neapolitan pizza
4. I've always dreamed about owning two goldendoodles
5. My best friend and #1 taste-tester also happens to be my boyfriend of 5 years. His name is Adam :)
6. I'm Ina Garten's #1 fan girl... but actually I own multiple sets of her cookbooks!
7. I'm currently pursuing my masters at Georgetown University and am set to graduate in May
8. I spent two years of my life working and auditioning as a professional actor (what I went to school for)
9. When I'm not blogging (or in school) I work in marketing.
I can’t wait to get to know some of you!