Hi! I’m Rebecca, the girl behind She Well!
Ever since I can remember, food has been an integral part of my life. I have always loved the way that cooking brings people together. To me, there is nothing better than sitting around a table with my favorite people, sharing a delicious meal.
However, my relationship with food has been a complicated one. As someone who spent her childhood overweight, food has never been just 'food' for me. What I eat dictates how I feel. Because of this, I aim to eat healthful foods that make me feel good.
In an attempt to lose weight as a teenager, I spent years searching for 'the perfect diet.' What I eventually learned was that eating a balanced diet combined with exercise made me the happiest version of myself. I stopped putting a label on my eating habits, restricting my food choices and started healing myself through a newfound love of healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) food.
Today, She Well serves as a compilation of my original recipes. In my cooking I aim to create the simplest, healthiest version of my favorite meals without compromising taste. I am passionate about developing recipes that include wholesome ingredients and love sneaking in as many plant-based foods as humanly possible!
Here are a few fun facts about me:
1. I live in DC, but originally hail from Massachusetts
2. The picture above in the Phillies uniform is me in the 8th grade at my highest weight
3. I'm obsessed with olives, almond butter & neapolitan pizza
4. I've always dreamed about owning two golden doodles
5. My best friend and #1 taste-tester also happens to be my boyfriend of 5 years. His name is Adam :)
6. I'm Ina Garten's #1 fan girl... but actually I own multiple sets of her cookbooks!
7. I'm obsessed with the show Shameless
8. I spent two years of my life working and auditioning as a professional actor (what I went to school for)
9. When I'm not blogging I'm either in night classes at Georgetown or working remotely for Yelp
can’t wait to get to know some of you!